Join international yoga teacher and author, Amy Ippoliti, for an entire weekend of workshops in honor of the new year. This playful weekend, open to all levels, will offer new ways to refine your yoga practice and guide you towards self discovery for the upcoming year.
In yoga the emphasis is often on bringing greater flexibility to the pelvis and hips which is a great focus, however it’s also critical to build strength and stability in this part of the body as well!
- Learn to open your hamstrings safely and in ways that protect and liberate your lower back
- Breathe new life into your lower body with a delicious spectrum of hamstring, hip, and lower back poses modified for therapeutic relief and benefit.
- Walk away with a stable & open pelvis that leaves you feeling free and uplifted!
You will explore when it’s ideal to open and when it’s better to stabilize the lower body for longevity in your practice.
When: Saturday, January 20th, 2:00am - 4:00pm
Fee: $55 per session, or $165 for full weekend if booked by Dec 22, $65 per session or $195 for full weekend if booked after, members receive 10% discount. Nonrefundable.
Awesome bag of goodies for first 25 to register for full weekend.
Other: Sign up online or register at studio. Please arrive 15 minutes early. Class is unheated. Yoga Alliance CE hours apply to teachers.
Other workshops in the weekend include:
- Friday, 6:00 - 8:00pm - san kalpa: the power of intention & hip opening
- Saturday 10:00 - 12:00pm - trust in your dream: upper body freedom
- Sunday, 10:00 - 12:00pm - upside down flying machine: inversions and arm balance
Amy Ippoliti is known for bringing yoga to modern-day life in a genuine way through her intelligent sequencing, clear instruction, and engaging sense of humor. She shares her passion for yoga, health, earth conservation, and with her writings for Yoga Journal, Organic Life, Mantra Magazine, Mind Body Green, prAna Stories, and Elephant Journal. She has appeared on the covers of Yoga Journal and Fit Yoga Magazine and has been featured in Self Magazine, New York Magazine, Allure (Korea), and Newsweek and on the front page of Yahoo.com. A teacher on YogaGlo.com, she is a pioneer of advanced yoga education, cofounding 90 Monkeys, an online school that has enhanced the skills of yoga teachers and studios in 65 countries. She is the co-author of the new book, The Art and Business of Teaching Yoga. www.amyippoliti.com www.90monkeys.com