Join Jim for a six week yoga education series that will lead you to a deeper understanding of both ancient and modern yoga studies, beyond the mat. Each class will open with a ten minute silent meditation and introduction to the weekly subject which will explain the different sciences behind popular yoga practices.
- Week 1 - Connect with flow - the five pillars of power vinyasa
- Week 2 - Set a course - the five organizing principles of true north alignment
- Week 3 - Do the work - the brilliance behind the journey into power sequence
- Week 4 - Climb the ladder - the 8 rungs of yoga practice
- Week 5 - Know the body - yoga anatomy and physiology
- Week 6 - Know the mind - meditation, samskara, and the chakra system
These are interactive classes with demonstrations and some very light physical asana. All levels welcome!
When: June 11th - July 16th, weekly meetings Saturdays 6:45 - 7:45 am
Fee: $75, members receive 10% off
E-RYT 500, James Conlan has been a student of yoga and meditation since 2008 and became a Baptiste yoga instructor in 2009. He accrued over 1200 hours of training with Baron Baptiste and regularly assists Baptiste Yoga events. James recently opened Yogatomics Training and Wellness, a specialized yoga training and retreat center in Mystic, CT.